Connecticut Sun (15-12) vs. Las Vegas Aces (12-14)
At Mohegan Sun Arena
Sunday, August 5th, 3:00 p.m. ET
Watch live on NBC Sports Boston
Last Game: The Connecticut Sun won 92-77 at home over the New York Liberty on Wednesday, August 1st. The Las Vegas Aces fell 104-93 at home to the Phoenix Mercury on August 1st.
Inside The Matchup:
- Connecticut is 1-1 against Las Vegas this season.
- Alyssa Thomas led the Sun with 13 points, a career-high 17 rebounds and six assists in a 101-65 win over the Aces on May 20th.
- A’ja Wilson led the Aces with 34 points on 13 of 24 shooting along with 14 rebounds in a 94-90 win over the Sun on July 7th.
- Wilson and Kayla McBride (27 points) combined for 61 of the Aces’ 94 points against Connecticut.
- Morgan Tuck scored a season-high 20 points on a season-best four made threes in the loss to Las Vegas (7/7).
- With the win over New York on Wednesday, Connecticut has won three straight games.
- Jonquel Jones led the Sun with 21 points on four made threes in the win over the Liberty. It was her second-straight game with 20 or more points (fourth of the season), and 12th double-figure scoring game.
- With 11 made threes against New York, the Sun have now recorded six games with 10 or more made threes.
- Connecticut ranks second in the WNBA in both rebounding average (37.11 per game) and three-point percentage (36.2 percent), and is third in field goal percentage (45.5 percent) and scoring average (85.9).
- Chiney Ogwumike ranks second in the league in shooting percentage (61.0 percent) and eighth in rebounding (7.4 rpg).
- Las Vegas leads the WNBA in rebounding average (37.5 per game) and is tied for third in assist average (20.0 per game).
- Wilson is third in the league in rebounding (8.5 rpg) and fifth in scoring (20.3 ppg)
- Kelsey Plum ranks second in the league in three-point percentage (45.1 percent).
- McBride is tied for third in the league in free throw percentage (91.7 percent).
Next Game: The Connecticut Sun will be in action next on Wednesday, August 8th against the Dallas Wings at 8:00 p.m. ET. For more details, visit connecticutsun.com.