The Connecticut Sun Ticket Terms and Conditions
- PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY AS THEY GOVERN YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE TICKET AND CONTAIN A BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND CLASS-ACTION WAIVER PROVISION BY WHICH YOU GIVE UP THE RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT INDIVIDUALLY OR AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION WITH RESPECT TO ANY DISPUTES RELATING TO THE TICKET OR THE SPECIFIED GAME OR EVENT FOR WHICH IT IS ISSUED.
- This ticket is a revocable license, and the holder of this ticket, on behalf of the holder and any accompanying minor, including a minor holding a separate ticket (individually and collectively, the “Holder”), agrees to all of its terms. The Holder agrees that this ticket license is subject to these terms and conditions, as well as any additional terms and conditions established by the Connecticut Sun and/or its affiliates (the “Team”), the Women’s National Basketball Association and/or its affiliates (the “WNBA”), and any operator of the arena or related arena grounds (including, without limitation, parking areas and entry gates) (the “Arena”) at which the event or any surrounding activities (in whole or in part) for which this ticket is issued (the “Event”) is held (collectively, all such additional terms, “Supplemental Terms”).
- By acceptance and/or use of this ticket and/or entering (or seeking entry into) the Arena, the Holder is deemed to have read all such terms and agreed to be bound by them.
- Due to the uncertainty related to the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation or variation thereof, collectively, “COVID-19”), this ticket and the Holder’s admission to the Arena are subject to all safety and health requirements and policies put in place by the Team, WNBA, and Arena, including any requirements relating to facemasks and/or enhanced health screenings (which may include a requirement that the Holder, and any person for whom the Holder obtains a ticket or is in the Holder’s party, be tested for and/or vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the Event) and those policies and requirements described in the Supplemental Terms. Such policies and requirements as they may be updated from time to time (in the sole determination of the Team, WNBA and/or Arena) and as they may be communicated to the Holder prior to or during the Event (whether orally or in writing) by, for example, instruction provided by Team or Arena personnel or signage in or around the Arena, are collectively referred to below as the “Safety Requirements”. The Holder acknowledges and agrees to comply with the Safety Requirements (including all requirements that must be satisfied prior to or during the Event), and acknowledges and agrees that attendance at the Event is conditioned on such compliance.
- The Holder agrees, on behalf of the Holder and Holder’s Related Persons (defined below), that the Holder and each such individual will not attend the Event if, within the prior 14 days, any such individual has tested positive for COVID-19, or, unless fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 (as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”)), any one or more of the following is true on the day of such Event:
- Within the prior 14 days, any such individual was exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19;
- Within the prior 48 hours, any such individual has experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4⁰F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking, muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, fatigue or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the CDC (“COVID-19 Symptoms”)); anyone who is fully vaccinated but experiences any of the COVID-19 Symptoms identified above within the 48 hours prior to the Event should nevertheless consult a healthcare provider and receive a negative test result for COVID-19 before attending; or
- Within the prior 14 days, any such individual has travelled to a state or international territory identified by federal or applicable local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
- To ensure that all Event patrons agree to, and comply with, all Safety Requirements and all other WNBA, Team and Arena rules, this ticket may not be resold or offered for resale on any platform other than a platform expressly authorized by the Team or the WNBA. Without limiting the foregoing, any transfer of this ticket to any person who fails to satisfy any Safety Requirement (including pre-Event requirements established by the Team or Arena) may be voided by the Team and this ticket cancelled.
- ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS, CREDITS OR EXCHANGES EXCEPT AS PROVIDED HEREIN. THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY (IF ANY) if admission is refused or revoked, or the Event is cancelled and not RESCHEDULED, is a refund of up to the ticket’s face value set by the Team (the “Face Value”). IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TEAM, WNBA, OR ARENA BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES BEYOND THE FACE VALUE OF THE TICKET, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AMOUNT PAID IN EXCESS OF FACE VALUE FOR THIS TICKET.
- The Holder agrees not to transmit, distribute, misappropriate or sell (or aid in transmitting, distributing, misappropriating or selling), in any media now or hereafter existing, any description, account (whether text, data or visual, and including (without limitation) play-by-play data), picture, video, audio or other form of exploitation or reproduction of the Event. This ticket may not be used for any form of commercial or trade purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotions, contests, sweepstakes, giveaways, gambling or gaming activities, without the express written consent of the Team and WNBA.
- Breach of any of these terms, failure to comply with Safety Requirements or WNBA, Team and/or Arena rules, or the refunding to the Holder of the Face Value, shall automatically terminate any rights that the Holder may have hereunder; shall render illegal and unauthorized the Holder’s use of the ticket for any purpose; and shall authorize the Team and/or the WNBA to withdraw the ticket, refuse admission to the Arena, or eject the Holder from the Arena, without refund or credit in each case, and subject the Holder to all legal remedies available to the WNBA, Team and/or Arena.
- The Holder expressly acknowledges an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any place where people gather and that no precautions (including the Safety Requirements described ABOVE) can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. While people of all ages and health conditions have been adversely affected by COVID-19, certain CATEGORIES OF people have been identified by public health authorities as having greater risk based on age and underlying medical conditions. THE HOLDER OF THIS TICKET VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES ALL RISK AND DANGER OF PERSONAL INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH), SICKNESS (INCLUDING ILLNESS AND OTHER RISKS OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19, OR ANY OTHER COMMUNICABLE DISEASE OR ILLNESS, OR A BACTERIA, VIRUS OR OTHER PATHOGEN CAPABLE OF CAUSING A COMMUNICABLE DISEASE OR ILLNESS), LOST, STOLEN, DAMAGED OR CONFISCATED PROPERTY, AND ALL OTHER HAZARDS ARISING FROM, OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO, THE EVENT (INCLUDING COMPLYING WITH THE SAFETY REQUIREMENTS), WHETHER OCCURRING PRIOR TO, DURING OR AFTER THE EVENT, HOWEVER CAUSED AND WHETHER BY NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
- On behalf of the Holder and the Holder’s Related Persons (defined below), the Holder further hereby releases (and covenants not to sue) each of the Released Parties (defined below) with respect to any and all claims that the Holder or any of the Holder’s Related Persons may have (or hereafter accrue) against any of the Released Parties and that relate in any way to (i) exposure to COVID-19; (ii) entry into, or presence within or around, the Arena or the Event (including all risks related thereto) or compliance with any protocols or Safety Requirements applicable to the Event; or (iii) any interaction between the Holder and the Holder’s Related Persons, on the one hand, and any personnel of any of the Released Parties present at the Event, on the other hand, in each case whether caused by any action, inaction or negligence of any Released Party or otherwise.
As used herein:
- “Related Persons” means the Holder’s heirs, assigns, executors, administrators, next of kin, anyone attending the Event with the Holder or for whom Holder has obtained an Event ticket (which persons the Holder represents have authorized the Holder to act on their behalf for purposes of these terms), and other persons acting or purporting to act on the Holder’s or their behalf.
- “Released Parties” means: (i) the National Basketball Association and its teams (including the Team), and each of their respective direct and indirect owners, affiliates, players and coaches, administrators, designees, licensees, and other personnel; (ii) the direct and indirect owners, lessees and sublessees of the Arena; (iii) all third parties performing services at the Arena; (iv) any parents, subsidiaries, affiliated and related companies of each of the entities described in clauses (i)-(iii); and (v) the officers, directors, owners, members, managers, partners, employers, employees, agents, contractors and sub-contractors (and employees of such contractors and sub-contractors), insurers, representatives, other personnel, successors and/or assigns of each of the foregoing entities and persons described in clauses (i) – (iv), whether past, present or future and whether in their institutional or personal capacities.
- The Holder and the Holder’s belongings may be searched upon entry into the Arena and/or other security checkpoints, prohibited items (which may include, without limitation, bags) may be confiscated at the sole discretion of the WNBA, Team and/or Arena, and the Holder hereby consents to the foregoing and waives any related claims that might arise against the WNBA, Team or Arena. If the Holder elects not to consent, the Holder will be denied entry into the Arena without refund or credit.
- The Holder grants permission to the WNBA and Team (and their respective designees and agents) to utilize the Holder’s image, likeness, actions and statements in any live or recorded audio, video, film, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction made of, or at, the Event in any medium, whether now known or hereafter created, or context for any purpose, including commercial or promotional purposes, without further authorization or compensation. In addition, the Holder grants to the WNBA and Team permission to collect, use, share and store certain Holder facial and other biometric information as permitted by law, including for security purposes.
- Disputes, claim or cause of action involving the WNBA
Should any current or future dispute, claim or cause of action related to this ticket or the Event arise between the Holder and the WNBA and the Holder shall send a written notice describing the issue (a “Dispute Notice”) to Attention Legal Department, One Mohegan Sun Blvd., Uncasville, CT 06382. The Holder and the Team, WNBA, and/or Arena agree to make a good-faith effort to resolve the dispute for at least 60 days (the “Negotiation Period”) following receipt of the Dispute Notice. If the parties cannot resolve the dispute within the Negotiation Period, the dispute shall be resolved by mandatory, confidential, final, and binding arbitration held before a neutral, single arbitrator in Connecticut conducted by the Judicial Arbitration Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) in accordance with the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures effective June 1, 2021, subject to the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law (which is applicable because the (WNBA are engaged in transactions involving interstate commerce with respect to the Event). The costs of such arbitration shall be split evenly among the parties except upon an arbitrator’s finding that such split renders the arbitration cost-prohibitive to the Holder. Any and all issues relating or pertaining to arbitration or this arbitration clause, including but not limited to the threshold question of arbitrability or the enforceability or validity of this arbitration clause shall be delegated exclusively to the arbitrator selected pursuant to this provision. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. THE HOLDER, ARENA, TEAM AND WNBA AGREE THAT ALL DISPUTES SHALL BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO LITIGATE IN COURT OR ARBIRTRATE ANY CLAIM AS A CLASS ACTION, REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, OR CLASS ARBITRATION. IF THE HOLDER DOES NOT CONSENT TO THIS CLAUSE, THE HOLDER MUST IMMEDIATELY LEAVE OR NOT ENTER THE ARENA.
- Any disputes, claims or causes of action regarding the holder and the Team and/or Arena
Should any current or future dispute, claim or cause of action related to this ticket or the Event arise between the Holder and the Team and/or Arena the Holder shall send a written notice describing the issue (a “Dispute Notice”) to Attention Legal Department, One Mohegan Sun Blvd., Uncasville, CT 06382.
- Without limiting the foregoing, the Holder agrees not to give or offer this ticket in a manner that would constitute a violation of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, any other anti-bribery law or regulation, or any conflicts of interest law, regulation, or policy.
- If any provision or part of these terms or the Supplemental Terms is held to be illegal, unenforceable or ineffective, such provision or part thereof shall be deemed modified to the least extent necessary to render such provision legal, enforceable and effective, or, if no such modification is possible, such provision or part thereof shall be deemed severable, such that all other provisions in and referenced in these terms and the Supplemental Terms remain valid and binding.