- The Connecticut Sun fell to the New York Liberty, 81-77. The loss marks the Sun’s first back-to-back loss since they dropped a pair of games to the Chicago Sky on June 17 and 19 of the 2021 season.
- The Sun drop to 12-6 on the year, while the Liberty move to 7-10.
- Courtney Williams finished with 16 points, seven rebounds, three assists, one steal and one block to lead Connecticut.
- Stefanie Dolson led New York with 16 points, six rebounds, four assists and one block on the evening.
- Connecticut trailed New York, 15-11, after seven minutes of action. Williams led the Sun with three points, four rebounds, one assist and one steal in the opening minutes of the contest. The Liberty’s Dolson led all scorers in that stretch with seven points.
- The Liberty finished the quarter on a 12-6 run to take a 27-17 lead after the first quarter. Williams finished the first quarter with five points, four rebounds, two assists and one steal to lead Connecticut. Dolson and Marine Johannes each had nine points to lead New York.
- Connecticut shot 8-21 (38.1%) from the floor in the first quarter, compared to New York’s 11-18 (61.1%) from the field.
- The Sun began the second quarter on a 7-0 run to cut the Liberty’s lead to three, forcing them into an early timeout with 7:41 to play in the quarter.
- New York answered Connecticut’s early quarter run and pushed their lead back up to ten (44-34) with 3:13 to go in the second quarter.
- The Sun trailed the Liberty, 51-42, at the half. Brionna Jones led Connecticut with 10 points and one assist at the break. Dolson, Johannes and Sami Whitcomb each had nine points to lead New York after two quarters of action.
- The Sun shot 46.3% (19-41) in the first half, while the Liberty were 19-39 (48.7%) from the floor and went 10-21 (47.6%) from behind the arc.
- Connecticut outscored New York in the paint (24-14) and second-chance points (11-5), while the Liberty had the edge in fast break points (2-0) and bench points (17-13) in the first half.
- The Sun outscored the Liberty, 9-7, to cut the Liberty lead to seven, headed into the first media timeout of the third quarter.
- Connecticut trailed New York, 65-58, after three quarters of play. Natisha Hiedeman had five points of her 11 points to lead the Sun in scoring out of the locker room.
- The Sun cut the Liberty’s lead to five, 75-70, with 3:12 left to go in the fourth; however New York scored five unanswered to take an 80-70 lead with 1:29 remaining in the contest.
- Despite a late push, Connecticut dropped their sixth game of the season, falling 81-77.
- DeWanna Bonner, Jonquel Jones and Jones each finished with 12 points apiece.
- Hiedeman had 11 points, two rebounds, one assist and two steals on the night.
- With six points in tonight’s contest, DiJonai Carrington eclipsed the 200-point mark in her WNBA career. She now has 202 points in two seasons with the Sun.
- The Sun finished the night shooting 41.9% (31-74), while the Liberty were 44.9% (31-69) from the floor.
- Connecticut outscored the Liberty in the paint (42-26), second-chance points (14-7) and fast-break points (9-2).
The Connecticut Sun hit the road to take on the Atlanta Dream on Sunday, June 26 at 3PM EST at the Gateway Center Arena at College Park. The Sun recently defeated the Dream, 105-92, on June 15 behind a 20-point performance from Courtney Williams. Connecticut has now won eight of the last ten regular season meetings against Atlanta, dating back to the 2019 season.