Connecticut Sun (12-11) vs. Seattle Storm (17-6)
At Mohegan Sun Arena
Friday, July 20th, 7:00 p.m. ET
Watch live on NBC Sports Boston
Last Game: The Connecticut Sun fell 86-83 at home to the Atlanta Dream on Tuesday, July 17th.The Seattle Storm won 101-83 over the Chicago Sky on Wednesday, July 18th.
Inside The Matchup:
- Connecticut is 0-2 against Seattle this season.
- The Sun lost 103-92 at Seattle on June 15th, then fell 84-70 at Seattle on July 1st.
- Jasmine Thomas (19.0 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 4.5 apg), Chiney Ogwumike (19.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg) and Jonquel Jones (10.0 ppg, 6.0 rpg) led the Sun in the two games against the Storm.
- Natasha Howard (19.0 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 2.0 bpg), Breanna Stewart (17.0 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 3.0 apg) and Sue Bird (12.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 7.0 apg) led the Storm in the two games against Connecticut.
- Ogwumike set career-highs with 30 points on 13 made field goals in the loss to Seattle on June 15th.
- Thomas tied her career-high with 29 points against the Storm on June 15th.
- Howard posted a career-high 25 points against the Sun on June 15th.
- The 103 points scored by Seattle (6/15) are the most allowed by Connecticut this season.
- Connecticut leads the WNBA in rebounding average (37.04 per game), ranks third in scoring average (86.0) and fifth in shooting percentage (.449).
- Ogwumike is second in the league in shooting percentage (.606) and sixth in rebounding (7.5 rpg).
- Seattle leads the WNBA in both shooting percentage (.470) and assist average (21.26 per game), ranks second in scoring average (87.7) and third in free throw percentage (.824).
- Stewart led the Storm with a game-high 30 points, and nine rebounds against Chicago (7/18). She currently leads the league in scoring (22.9 ppg) and is fifth in rebounding (8.2 rpg).
- Bird is second in the league in assists (7.3 apg).
- Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis leads the league in three-point percentage (.491).
Next Game: The Connecticut Sun will be in action next on Sunday, July 22nd against the Dallas Wings at 4:00 p.m. ET. For more details, visit connecticutsun.com.