Connecticut Sun (20-13) vs. Los Angeles Sparks (19-14)
At Mohegan Sun Arena
Sunday, August 19th, 3:00 p.m. ET
Watch live on NBC Sports Boston
Last Game: The Connecticut Sun won 96-79 at home over the Minnesota Lynx on Friday, August 17th. The Los Angeles Sparks fell 69-67 on the road to the Washington Mystics on August 17th.
Inside The Matchup:
• Connecticut is 2-0 against Los Angeles this season.
• The Sun won 102-94 at home over the Sparks on May 24th, then won 73-72 at Los Angeles on July 3rd.
• Chiney Ogwumike (19.5 ppg, 6.0 rpg), Jonquel Jones (12.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg) and Jasmine Thomas (9.0 ppg, 5.0 apg) led Connecticut in the two games against the Sparks.
• Six Sun players finished with double-figure scoring in the win over Los Angeles on May 24th.
• Connecticut has shot a combined 56.1 percent (69-123) against the Sparks this season.
• Nneka Ogwumike (19.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg), Chelsea Gray (16.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 3.5 apg) and Odyssey Sims (12.0 ppg, 4.5 apg) led Los Angeles in the two games against the Sun.
• Sims set season-highs for both assists (seven) and made field goals (eight) in the loss to Connecticut on May 24th.
• Connecticut, winners of eight of nine, secured a first-round bye with the victory Friday night and Los Angeles’ loss at Washington, and moved one-game ahead of fifth-place Los Angeles.
• Jones posted her second-straight game with 20 or more points, finishing with a team-high 26 points including five threes along with five rebounds in Friday’s win over the Lynx.
• Connecticut leads the WNBA in both scoring average (87.6) and rebound average (37.00 per game), ranks second in field goal percentage (46.5 percent) and third in three-point percentage (36.2 percent).
• Jones is second in the league in three-point percentage (46.2 percent).
• Chiney Ogwumike is third in the league in shooting percentage (60.3 percent).
• Los Angeles leads the WNBA in steals (7.94 per game) and ranks fourth in field goal percentage (45.4 percent).
• Candace Parker is fourth in the league in rebounding (8.1 rpg) and seventh in assists (4.8 apg).
• Gray ranks sixth in the league in assists (5.1 apg).
Next Game: With a win Sunday, Connecticut will host a second-round playoff game on August 23rd. With a loss, the Sun would host a first-round playoff game on August 21st.