Connecticut Sun (7-7) at Indiana Fever (7-7)
Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Saturday, July 1st, 4:00 p.m. ET
Watch Live on CSN
Last Game: The Connecticut Sun won 96-89 at home over the Seattle Storm on Thursday, June 29th. The Indiana Fever won 82-75 over the Chicago Sky at Allstate Arena on Wednesday, June 28th.
Players to Watch: Connecticut – Jonquel Jones currently leads Connecticut in scoring (15.1 ppg) and rebounding (12.1 rpg) this season. She posted 13 points and 10 rebounds in Thursday’s win over Seattle. Jasmine Thomas leads the Sun in assists (5.4 apg) and is second in scoring (14.8 ppg). She had 29 points, four rebounds and six assists against the Storm. Alyssa Thomas ranks second on the team in both rebounding (6.0 rpg) and assists (4.8 apg), and is third in scoring (13.8 ppg). She added 17 points, five rebounds and nine assists in the game.
Indiana – Candice Dupree leads Indiana this season in scoring (14.9 ppg) and rebounding (5.6 rpg). She posted 17 points, four rebounds and an assist in Wednesday’s win over Chicago. Tiffany Mitchell ranks second on the team in scoring (11.5 ppg). She had 10 points, seven rebounds and three assists against the Sky. Erlana Larkins is second on the Fever in rebounding (5.6 rpg). She also added 12 points and six rebounds in the game.
- The Connecticut Sun fell 81-79 to the Indiana Fever in their first meeting this season back on May 20th at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
- Jonquel Jones (19 rebounds, 12 rebounds and four assists), Alex Bentley (14 points, two rebounds and three assists) and Morgan Tuck (13 points, six rebounds) led the Sun in the loss to Indiana (5/20).
- Candice Dupree (19 points, six rebounds), Erlana Larkins (12 points, nine rebounds and five steals), and Shenise Johnson (13 points, four rebounds) led the Fever in the win over Connecticut (5/20).
- Jonquel Jones posted her third straight double-double (eighth of the season) against Seattle. She also leads the WNBA in rebounding (12.1 rpg).
- Jasmine Thomas scored a career-high 29 points. She is also ranked fifth in the league in assists (5.4 apg) this season.
- Alyssa Thomas dished out a career-high nine assists. She is currently sixth in the WNBA in assists (4.8 apg).
- Kayla Pedersen grabbed a season-high six rebounds.
- Indiana is second in team free throw percentage (.871).
- Candice Dupree (17 points) posted her eighth straight game (12th of the season) scoring in double-figures against Chicago.
- Tiffany Mitchell is ranked third in the WNBA in free throw percentage (.943).
- Shenise Johnson is fourth in the league in free throw percentage (.933). She also ranks sixth in steals (1.58 spg).
- The Fever has committed the third fewest turnovers in the league (165).
Connecticut Sun Head Coach Curt Miller
On defeating Seattle
“It was a big win for us in this stretch. It’s not easy to win in this league in a stretch where this is our fourth game in seven days. Our players mustered up the energy to make plays in the fourth quarter when that game got tight. I give a lot of credit to Seattle. Both teams shot tremendously from the field, and from the three-point line. Both teams shared the basketball. It was a low foul count. It was a really, really well-played game. I’m proud that we found a way to the finish line when Seattle made that run.”
Next Game: The Connecticut Sun tip-off against the San Antonio Stars at AT&T Center on Wednesday, July 5th at 8:00 p.m. ET.