Connecticut Sun Postgame Notes
Connecticut Sun 84, Atlanta Dream 72
- Connecticut is now currently 8-1 while playing at home this season and 10-3 when leading at the half. With the win over Atlanta, the Sun clinch their entry into the inaugural Commissioner’s Cup as the Eastern Conference team.
- DeWanna Bonner had seven of the Sun’s first 11 points. She finished the night in double figures for the third straight game finishing with 22 points, nine of which came during Connecticut’s 21-16 first quarter.
- Jonquel Jones had her 20th straight game scoring in double figures and her ninth double double this season. Jones tied her season high of 16 rebounds and 11 of her 24 total points came in the second quarter.
- Brionna Jones had her seventh straight game scoring in double figures adding 16.
- The trio of Bonner, J. Jones and B. Jones scored 18 of the total 23 third quarter points for the Sun.
- Briann January finished with 11 points and had a game tying high 4 assists.
- DeWanna Bonner finished 4-5 from the line to put her sixth on the WNBA freethrows made All-time list above Cappie Pondexter.
- Cheyenne Parker scored 15 points for the Dream, her eighth double digit game this season.
- The Sun outrebounded the Dream 38-28. 46 of Connecticut’s points came from the paint.