Connecticut Sun 76, Phoenix Mercury 67
- The Connecticut Sun (24-6) defeated the Phoenix Mercury’s (19-11), 76-67 and secured the No. 1 seed in the 2021 playoffs. This is the 16th time this season the Sun have held opponents to 70 points or less.
- The Sun also snapped the Mercury’s 10-game winning streak and extended their own to 12, tying the franchise record which was set in 2006.
- This is just the second time in league history where two teams with double-digit win streaks faced off (Los Angeles vs Minnesota 2016).
- Four Connecticut Sun players reached double-figures in scoring for the 14th time this year.
- Jasmine Thomas concluded the game with a team-high 17 points, 12 of which came in the first quarter alone. She shot 3-of-4 from behind the arc and 6-of-11 from the field.
- Jonquel Jones finished the contest with 12-points and 16-rebounds, marking her 16th double-double of the season and 55th of her career. She now has her 15th career WNBA game with 10+ points and 15+ rebounds. She is the 7th WNBA player to have 15 or more 10/15 games.
- DeWanna Bonner (2,445) is now 16th on the WNBA All-Time Rebounds list after passing Yolanda Griffith (2,444) and is three away from passing Lauren Jackson (2,447) at 15th. Bonner (1,498) is also two made free throws from becoming the 4th player in WNBA history with 1,500 made free throws (Catchings, Taurasi, McCoughtry). She finished the win with 16 points, five rebounds and two assists as well as a perfect 8-of-8 from the freethrow line.
- Brionna Jones recorded 10 points and six rebounds.
- Briann January led the team with five assists and added seven points.
- For the second game in a row, Natisha Hiedeman led the bench in scoring. She finished 3-of-6 from the field and 2-of-3 from behind the arc for eight points.
- The Sun netted 10 three-point field goals compared to the Mercury’s five. The two opponents were even on the boards with 31 apiece.