- The Connecticut Sun beat the Los Angeles Sparks, 97-71. The win brings Connecticut’s record to 23-11 on the season.
- Jonquel Jones led all scorers with 21 points, 10 rebounds, and two assists.
- Brittney Sykes led Los Angeles with 18 points, seven rebounds, three assists, six steals, and one block.
- Connecticut won across the board in points in the paint (48-38), second chance points (17-2), and fast break points (27-21) in the decisive victory.
- After a slow start, the Connecticut Sun won the first quarter, 27-17. Jones led the team in scoring with six points, four rebounds, and an assist in the opening frame.
- In the first 10 minutes of play, the Sun bested the Sparks in points in the paint (14-8), second chance points (9-0), and fast break points (8-4).
- Connecticut had another commanding performance in the second quarter, beating Los Angeles 26-15, heading into halftime.
- Jones had a dominant second quarter, nearly outscoring Los Angeles with 12 points and five rebounds. Jones finished the half with 18 points, nine rebounds and one assist. Alyssa Thomas also had a strong opening half with nine points, four rebounds, four assists and three steals.
- The Sun finished the half beating the Sparks in points in the paint (30-20), second chance points (11-2), and fast break points (20-12).
- The Sun won the third quarter, 25-24. Brionna Jones led the way with six points.
- The Sun finished the fourth quarter on top, 19-15. Joyner Holmes led the way in the fourth with five points and two rebounds.
- Connecticut lost the battle of fast break points (9-5) and tied in points in the paint (6-6) but came out on top in second chance points (4-0).
The Connecticut Sun take on the Los Angeles Sparks on Thursday, August 11 at 10:30 P.M. EST at Crypto.com Arena for the second of a two-game stint. The Sun look to improve their record to 3-0 on the season.