- The Connecticut Sun fell to the Las Vegas Aces, 85-71, in Game 2 of the WNBA Finals.
- Courtney Williams led the Sun with 18 points, two rebounds, five assists and one block in the effort.
- A’ja Wilson finished with 26 points, 10 rebounds and one block to lead the Aces.
- With 16 points in the tonight’s game, Jonquel Jones moved into second all-time in scoring in Connecticut Sun postseason history. She now has 386 points in 24 playoff contests.
- Tonight’s contest marks DeWanna Bonner’s 71st WNBA playoff game appearance, moving her into third place all-time in WNBA playoff games played (tied with Diana Taurasi).
- The Sun and the Aces were tied 14-14 heading into the first media timeout of the contest. Williams had six points, one rebound and three assists to lead Connecticut with 3:45 to go in the quarter.
- Las Vegas went on a 7-0 run out of the first media timeout to take a 21-14 advantage over Connecticut with 1:55 remaining in the quarter.
- The Sun trailed the Aces, 23-15, after the first quarter of action. Connecticut shot just 35% (7-20) compared to Las Vegas’s 55.6% (10-18) through ten minutes of play.
- Las Vegas opened the second quarter on an 11-8 run, taking a 34-23 lead over Connecticut with 5:14 remaining in the half.
- The Sun trailed the Aces, 45-37, at the halftime break. Both squads tallied 22 second-quarter points.
- Jones notched 11 points, five rebounds and three assists to lead the Sun after two quarters of play. Wilson had 18 points, two rebounds and one block to lead the Aces.
- The Sun outscored the Aces on the fast break (4-0), on second-chance opportunities (4-0) and from the bench (8-3), but the Aces had advantage in the paint (26-18) in the first half.
- Connecticut went 16-35 (45.7%) from the floor, including 0-5 from behind the arc through two quarters, while Las Vegas was 17-33 (51.5%) from the field.
- The Sun opened the third quarter on a 9-4 run to close the gap to three, 49-46. Alyssa Thomas had four of Connecticut’s seven points in that stretch out of the locker room.
- Las Vegas answered on a quick 4-0 run to extend their lead back up to seven, 53-46, with 6:03 remaining in the quarter.
- The Sun trailed the Aces, 68-54, after three quarters of play. Las Vegas outscored Connecticut in the third quarter, 23-17.
- Thomas had five points, two rebounds, one assist and one steal in the third quarter to lead the Sun.
- The Aces opened the fourth quarter outscoring the Sun, 6-2, taking a 74-56 lead with 6:18 to go in the game.
- Both teams tabbed 17 points in the fourth quarter, with the Aces pulling away for the 85-71 win over the Sun.
- Jones finished with a double-double, notching 16 points, 11 rebounds and three assists in the game.
- Connecticut won the battle in second chance points (9-2), fast break points (6-0) and bench points (22-8), but Las Vegas dominated the paint on the evening (46-28).
The Connecticut Sun head back home to host the Las Vegas Aces in Game 3 of the WNBA Finals on Thursday, September 15 at 9PM ET at Mohegan Sun Arena. The Sun trail 0-2 in the best-of-five series and will look to keep their championship hopes alive in the must-win Game 3.