Connecticut Sun (0-4) at Chicago Sky (1-4)
At Allstate Arena
Sunday, May 28th, 6:00 p.m. ET
Watch live on WCCT
Last Game: The Connecticut Sun fell 82-68 to Minnesota at home on May 26th. The Chicago Sky lost 88-79 at Washington on May 26th.
Players to Watch: Connecticut – Morgan Tuck leads the Sun this season in scoring (13.0 ppg). She posted six points in the loss to Minnesota (5/26). Jonquel Jones leads the team in rebounding (10.0 rpg) and is second in scoring (12.5). She had seven points and two rebounds against the Lynx. Jasmine Thomas ranks third on Connecticut in scoring (12.0 ppg) and leads the team in assists (3.7 apg). She added four points, two rebounds and three assists in the game.
Chicago – Through five games this season, Cappie Pondexter leads Chicago in scoring (15.4 ppg) and assists (8.2 apg). She had nine points, six rebounds and eight assists in the loss to Washington (5/23). Jessica Breland leads the team in rebounding (8.2 rpg). She posted nine points, six rebounds and two assists against the Mystics. Allie Quigley ranks second on the Sky in scoring (15.0 ppg), and also added 17 points, two rebounds and two assists in the game.
- The Connecticut Sun were 1-2 in three games against Chicago during the 2016 season.
- Jasmine Thomas (15.0 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 5.7 apg), Alyssa Thomas (13.7 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 3.0 apg), Alex Bentley (13.0 ppg) and Jonquel Jones (10.0 ppg, 6.3 rpg) led the Sun in three games against Chicago last season.
- Cappie Pondexter (17.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg), Courtney Vandersloot (12.3 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 5.7 apg), Allie Quigley (12.7 ppg) and Jessica Breland (11.7 ppg, 9.0 rpg) led the charge for the Sky in three games played against Connecticut last season.
- Lynetta Kizer led Connecticut with 12 points (6-of-11) against Minnesota to tie her season best.
- Connecticut rookie Brionna Jones finished with five points in her WNBA debut, making both of her field goal attempts along with one from the foul line in 10 minutes of action.
- Shekinna Stricklen finished with six points on 2-of-3 shooting from the three-point line. Stricklen also collected a season-high of four rebounds and two steals.
- Rachel Banham finished with a season-high of seven points and two assists in against the Lynx.
- Connecticut’s Courtney Williams tied her season-high of five rebounds.
- Through five games, Cappie Pondexter leads the WNBA in assists (8.2 apg) and ranks 10th in the league in scoring (15.4 ppg). She also set a league-best with 11 assists against Atlanta (5/21).
- Jonquel Jones ranks fourth in the WNBA in rebounding (10.0 rpg) and set a league-high with 20 rebounds against Atlanta (5/13).
- Jessica Breland is currently sixth in the league in rebounding (8.2 rpg).
Connecticut Sun Head Coach Curt Miller
On using the bench so much in the second half in the loss to Minnesota.
“When the game got out of reach, and we were not going to be able to make a comeback, you have to start to prepare for the next game. With us arriving at the airport hotel tonight probably at one o’clock (in the morning), and needing to be at the ticket counter by five-thirty tomorrow (morning), you have to start to try and prepare for this incredible stretch that we are in the midst of, with 17 days on the road out of 19. We have a really quick turnaround with the Chicago game, so when the game was out of reach, we needed to give the bench more time, and we also needed to start preparing for our Chicago game.”
Next Game: The Connecticut Sun tip off against the Washington Mystics at the Verizon Center on Wednesday, May 31st at 11:30 a.m. ET.