Connecticut Sun (0-3) vs. Minnesota Lynx (4-0)
At Mohegan Sun Arena
Friday, May 26th, 7:00 p.m. ET
Watch live on CSN
Last Game: The Connecticut Sun fell 80-78 to the Minnesota Lynx in their first meeting of the season earlier this week on Tuesday, May 23rd at Xcel Energy Arena.
Players to Watch: Connecticut – Jasmine Thomas currently leads the Sun in scoring (16.0 ppg) and is second on the team in assists (4.0 apg) this season. She posted 18 points, five assists and three rebounds against Minnesota on Tuesday (5/23). Jonquel Jones leads the team in rebounds (12.7 rpg) and ranks third on the team in scoring (14.3 ppg). She had 16 points and six rebounds against the Lynx. Morgan Tuck currently sits second on the Sun in scoring (15.3 ppg) as well as rebounding (6.3 rpg). She added 12 points and 10 rebounds in the loss to the Lynx.
Minnesota – Through four games this season, Sylvia Fowles leads Minnesota in both scoring (21.5 ppg) and rebounding (10.8 rpg). She had 21 points, 13 rebounds, four assists and five blocks in the win over the Sun (5/23). Maya Moore ranks second on the team in scoring (15.0 ppg) and leads the Lynx in assists (5.5 apg). She also had 12 points, six rebounds and five assists against Connecticut. Seimone Augustus ranks third on Minnesota in scoring (13.0 ppg) and added 16 points, four rebounds and an assist against the Sun.
- Jasmine Thomas (18 points, five assists), Jonquel Jones (16 points, six rebounds) and Morgan Tuck (12 points, 10 rebounds) led the Sun in their first meeting with Minnesota (5/23).
- Sylvia Fowles (21 points, 13 rebounds), Seimone Augustus (16 points, four rebounds), and Maya Moore (12 points, six rebounds) led the push for Minnesota in their win over the Lynx (5/23).
- Morgan Tuck recorded her first career double-double (12 points, 10 rebounds) against the Lynx (5/23). Her 10 rebounds were a career-high. In addition, she scored a career-high 21 points against Atlanta (5/13) in the season opener.
- Jasmine Thomas made a career-high (five) three-pointers against Minnesota.
- Sylvia Fowles is ranked fifth in the WNBA in scoring (21.5 ppg) and third in rebounding (10.8 rpg).
- Jonquel Jones currently leads the league in rebounding (12.7 rpg). She also collected a career-high (20) rebounds against Atlanta to open the regular season (5/13).
- Maya Moore is ranked fifth in the WNBA in assists (5.5 apg) this season.
- Jonquel Jones registered her first double-double of the season (19 points, 12 rebounds) against Indiana (5/20). Through the first three games, she is now averaging a double-double (14.3 ppg, 12.7 rpg) for Connecticut.
- The Lynx are currently the fourth highest scoring team in the WNBA (82.3 ppg).
- The Connecticut Sun are second in the league in made field goals per game (29.7) and third in made three-point field goals per game (7.3).
Connecticut Sun guard Jasmine Thomas:
On level of confidence in bouncing back from a 0-3 start and preparation for playing a second straight game against Minnesota.
“Feeling good about it. Now just watching film and going through practice trying to tighten up things that we weren’t so good at and figuring out different ways that they might try to attack us after they watch the film. Minnesota is such a good team, they just bring out a competitive side in us. We want to rise to the occasion and play them as well as we can. We’re ready to play in front of our home fans another game.”
Next Game: The Connecticut Sun will be back on the road when they play the Chicago Sky at Allstate Arena on Sunday, May 28th at 6:00 p.m. ET.