Connecticut Sun (17-12) At Chicago Sky (10-19)
At Wintrust Arena
Friday, August 10th, 9 p.m. ET
Watch live on NBC Sports Boston
Last Game: The Connecticut Sun won 101-92 on the road over the Dallas Wings on Wednesday, August 8. The Chicago Sky fell 85-64 at home to the Minnesota Lynx on Tuesday, August 7.
Inside The Matchup:
- Connecticut is 1-0 against Chicago this season.
- The Sun set a franchise record with 110 points in a 110-72 win over the Sky back on June 1st.
- Jonquel Jones (20 points, six rebounds), Chiney Ogwumike (17 points, seven rebounds) and Alyssa Thomas (10 points, 13 rebounds) led Connecticut in the win.
- The Sun collected a season-high 49 rebounds against the Sky.
- Diamond DeShields (15 points, four rebounds), Cheyenne Parker (12 points, three rebounds) and Courtney Vandersloot (11 points, seven assists) led Chicago in the loss.
- With Wednesday’s win over Dallas, Connecticut has now won five straight games and clinched a playoff berth.
- The Sun set a franchise record with their fifth straight 90-point game, and have scored 100 or more points in two straight.
- Thomas led Connecticut with a season-high 22 points on a career-best 10 made field goals against the Wings.
- For the fourth time this season, Courtney Williams tied her career-best with a team-high 10 rebounds against Dallas.
- Jasmine Thomas tied her season-high with nine assists in the win over the Wings.
- Allie Quigley (22 points) and Vandersloot (11 points, seven assists, three rebounds) led the Sky in Tuesday’s loss to Minnesota.
- Connecticut is second in the WNBA in field goal percentage (46.4 percent), three-point percentage (36.7 percent) and rebounding average (36.86 per game), and ranks third in scoring average (87.2).
- Ogwumike ranks third in the league in shooting percentage (60.7 percent).
- Chicago is second in the WNBA in assist average (20.34 per game) and third in three-point percentage (36.1 percent).
- Vandersloot leads the league in assists (8.4 apg).
- Quigley is fourth in the league in three-point percentage (43.6 percent).
Next Game: The Connecticut Sun return home Sunday, August 12 to host the Chicago Sky at 3 p.m. ET. For more details or to purchase tickets, visit connecticutsun.com.