Connecticut Sun (10-10) vs. Phoenix Mercury (14-7)
Mohegan Sun Arena
Friday, July 13th, 7:00 p.m. ET
Watch live on NBC Sports Boston
Last Game: The Connecticut Sun fell 79-76 at home to the New York Liberty on Wednesday, July 11th. The Phoenix Mercury lost 101-72 on the road to the Dallas Wings on Tuesday, July 10th.
Inside The Matchup:
- Connecticut is 0-2 against Phoenix this season.
- The Sun fell 89-72 on June 16th, and then lost 84-77 to the Mercury on July 5th.
- Morgan Tuck (14.0 ppg, 6.5 rpg), Brionna Jones (11.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg) and Jasmine Thomas (10.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 2.5 apg) has led the Sun in the two games against the Mercury.
- Tuck set her season-high with 20 points in the loss to Phoenix on June 16th.
- Diana Taurasi (22.0 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 4.0 apg), Brittney Griner (17.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 3.0 bpg) and DeWanna Bonner (13.5 ppg, 11.0 rpg) have led Phoenix in the two games against the Sun.
- Taurasi and Griner combined for 48 of the Mercury’s 84 points in the win over Connecticut on July 5th.
- Connecticut leads the WNBA in rebounding average (37.10), is third in scoring average (86.0) and fourth in shooting percentage (.448).
- Chiney Ogwumike ranks second in the league in shooting percentage (.593) and sixth in rebounding (7.9 per game).
- Phoenix leads the WNBA in free throw percentage (.855), is second in assist average (20.43) and third in shooting percentage (.451).
- Taurasi ranks seventh in the league in scoring (19.6 ppg).
- Griner is sixth in the league in scoring (20.0 ppg).
Next Game: The Connecticut Sun will be in action next on Sunday, July 15th against the Minnesota Lynx at 7:00 p.m. ET. For more details, visit connecticutsun.com.