Connecticut Sun (19-13) vs. Minnesota Lynx (17-15)
Mohegan Sun Arena
Friday, August 17th, 7:00 p.m. ET
Watch live on NBC Sports Boston
Last Game: The Connecticut Sun won 96-76 at home over the Dallas Wings on Tuesday, August 14th. The Minnesota Lynx fell 91-88 at home to the Chicago Sky on August 14th.
Inside The Matchup:
- Connecticut is 2-0 against Minnesota this season.
- The Sun won 89-75 at home over the Lynx on June 9th, and then won 83-64 at Minnesota on July 15th.
- Courtney Williams (16.0 ppg, 6.0 rpg), Jasmine Thomas (14.5 ppg, 4.0 apg, 3.5 rpg) and Jonquel Jones (11.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg) led Connecticut in the two games against Minnesota.
- Sylvia Fowles (16.0 ppg, 11.0 rpg) and Maya Moore (11.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg) led the Lynx in the two games against the Sun.
- Connecticut has outscored Minnesota by an average margin of 16.5 points per game this season.
- Six Sun players finished in double-figure scoring in the win over the Lynx on July 15th.
- Connecticut has now won seven of its last eight games.
- Jones posted her second straight double-double, scoring a season-high 27 points on four made threes along with a team-high 10 rebounds in Tuesday’s win over Dallas.
- Minnesota has lost two straight games and five of their last seven.
- Fowles (19 points, 13 rebounds) recorded her sixth straight double-double (21st of the season) and became the sixth player in WNBA history to collect 3,000 career rebounds in Tuesday’s loss to Chicago.
- Connecticut leads the WNBA in rebounding average (37.19 per game), is second in both scoring average (87.3) and field goal percentage (46.2 percent) and fourth in three-point percentage (35.9 percent).
- Ogwumike is third in the league in shooting percentage (60.3 percent).
- Jones ranks second in the league in three-point percentage (44.3 percent).
- Minnesota is holding opponents to a league-low 31.34 rebounds per game.
- Fowles leads the league in rebounding (11.9 rpg) and is second in shooting percentage (60.9 percent).
Next Game: The Connecticut Sun will be in action next on Sunday, August 19th in their final regular season game against the Los Angeles Sparks at 3:00 p.m. ET. For more details or to purchase tickets, visit connecticutsun.com.