Connecticut Sun (10-9) vs. New York Liberty (5-14)
Mohegan Sun Arena
Wednesday, July 11th, 11:30 a.m. ET
Watch live on NBC Sports Boston
Last Game: The Connecticut Sun fell 94-90 on the road to the Las Vegas Aces on Saturday, June 7th. The New York Liberty lost 97-87 at home to the Dallas Wings on Sunday, June 8th.
Inside The Matchup:
- Connecticut is 1-0 against New York this season.
- The Sun won 88-86 over the Liberty at Westchester County Center back on June 7th.
- Jasmine Thomas (19 points, eight assists), Chiney Ogwumike (16 points, eight rebounds) and Alyssa Thomas (11 points, nine rebounds) led the Sun in the win.
- Shekinna Stricklen made a game-winning four-point play at the buzzer to give the Connecticut the win.
- Tina Charles (24 points, nine rebounds, five assists), Shavonte Zellous (13 points, seven assists) and Marissa Coleman (11 points, seven rebounds) led New York in the loss.
- Morgan Tuck (20 points) led the Sun in scoring in Saturday’s loss to Las Vegas.
- Ogwumike posted her fifth double-double of the season with 15 points and a team-high 11 rebounds against the Aces.
- Connecticut leads the WNBA in rebounding average (37.05 per game), is second in scoring average (86.5) and fourth in shooting percentage (.449).
- Ogwumike ranks second in the league in shooting percentage (.585) and fifth in rebounding (7.8 per game).
- New York is fifth in the league in both assists (19.42 apg) and steals (7.16 spg).
- Charles led New York with 26 points and nine rebounds in Sunday’s loss to the Wings. It was her second-straight game (ninth of the season) with 20 or more points. Charles ranks sixth in the WNBA in scoring (20.1 ppg).
Next Game: The Connecticut Sun will be in action next on Friday, July 13th when they host the Phoenix Mercury at 7:00 p.m. ET. For more details or to purchase tickets, visit connecticutsun.com.