Connecticut Sun (9-7) At Los Angeles Sparks (12-5)
At Staples Center
Tuesday, July 3rd, 10:30 p.m. ET
Watch live on WCCT
Last Game: The Connecticut Sun fell 84-70 on the road to the Seattle Storm on Sunday, July 1st. The Los Angeles Sparks won 87-71 at home over the Las Vegas Aces on July 1st.
Inside The Matchup:
- Connecticut is 1-0 against Los Angeles this season.
- The Sun won 102-94 over the Sparks at Mohegan Sun Arena back on May 24th.
- Chiney Ogwumike (18 points, five rebounds), Jonquel Jones (17 points, six rebounds) and Jasmine Thomas (13 points, eight assists) led the Sun in the win.
- The Sun set season-highs shooting 62.5 percent (40-of 64) from the floor and 57.1 percent (8-of-14) from long range against Los Angeles.
- Thomas’ eight assists were a season-high.
- Chelsea Gray (21 points, five assists, four rebounds), Odyssey Sims (20 points, seven assists) and Nneka Ogwumike (19 points, four rebounds, four assists) led the Sparks in the loss.
- Sims’ seven assists were a season-high.
- Connecticut leads the WNBA in scoring average (87.8) and rebounding average (37.25 per game), and ranks fourth in shooting percentage (.454).
- Chiney Ogwumike leads the league in field goal percentage (.615) and is tied for fourth in rebounds (8.0 per game).
- Los Angeles leads the WNBA in shooting percentage (.472) and steals (8.35 per game)), and ranks fourth in three-point percentage (.361).
- Gray is fourth in the league in assists (5.5 per game).
Next Game: The Connecticut Sun will be in action next on Thursday, July 5th against the Phoenix Mercury at10:00 p.m. ET. For more details, visit connecticutsun.com.