Connecticut Sun (10-7) At Phoenix Mercury (13-5)
At Talking Stick Resort Arena
Thursday, July 5th, 10:00 p.m. ET
Watch live on League Pass
Last Game: The Connecticut Sun won 73-72 on the road over the Los Angeles Sparks on Tuesday, July 3rd. The Phoenix Mercury won 84-74 over the Washington Mystics on Saturday, June 30th.
Inside The Matchup:
- Connecticut is 0-1 against Phoenix this season.
- The Sun fell 89-72 to the Mercury at Talking Stick Resort Arena back on June 16th.
- Morgan Tuck (20 points, five rebounds), Brionna Jones (17 points, four rebounds, three blocks) and Jasmine Thomas (10 points, five rebounds, two assists) led Connecticut in the loss.
- Tuck’s 20 points was a season-high.
- Diana Taurasi (19 points, four rebounds, four assists), DeWanna Bonner (15 points, nine rebounds, three assists) and Sancho Lyttle (14 points, nine rebounds) led the way for Phoenix in the win.
- Shekinna Stricklen collected a season-high seven rebounds in Tuesday’s win over Los Angeles.
- Chiney Ogwumike (21 points, seven rebounds) posted her 14th double-figure scoring effort and third game of the season with 20 or more points against the Sparks.
- Rachel Banham had a career-high six assists against Los Angeles.
- Brittney Griner (24 points, seven rebounds, four assists, three blocks) and DeWanna Bonner (23 points, eight rebounds, three assists) led Phoenix in the win over Washington Saturday.
- Connecticut leads the WNBA in both scoring average (86.9) and rebounding average (37.06 per game), and ranks fourth in shooting percentage (.456).
- Ogwumike leads the league in shooting percentage (.618) and is fifth in rebounding (7.9 rpg).
- Phoenix leads the WNBA in both free throw percentage (.860) and blocks (5.33 per game), is second in three-point percentage (.364) and assists (20.83 per game) and third in shooting percentage (.458).
- Taurasi leads the league in free throw percentage (.958) and ranks fourth in scoring (20.1 ppg).
- Griner leads the league in blocks (3.22 bpg) and is sixth in scoring (19.9 ppg).
- Briann January leads the WNBA in three-point percentage (.561).
Next Game: The Connecticut Sun will be in action next on Saturday, July 7th against the Las Vegas Aces at 10:30 p.m. ET. For more details, visit connecticutsun.com.