Connecticut Sun (1-4) at Washington Mystics (3-2)
At Verizon Center
Wednesday, May 31st, 11:30 a.m. ET
Watch live on CSNHD
Last Game: The Connecticut Sun won 97-79 on the road over the Chicago Sky on May 28th. The Washington Mystics defeated the Chicago Sky 88-79 at home on May 26th.
Players to Watch: Connecticut – Jonquel Jones leads the Sun this season in both scoring (14.6 ppg) and rebounding (12.2 rpg). She posted 23 points and 21 rebounds in Sunday’s win over Chicago. Jasmine Thomas is tied for the team lead in assists (3.5 apg) and ranks third in scoring (11.5 ppg). She had 10 points, three rebounds and three assists against the Sky. Alyssa Thomas is tied for the lead in assists (3.5 apg) and sits in second in rebounding (6.5 rpg) for the Sun. She also added 17 points, 10 rebounds and five assists in the game.
Washington – Elena Delle Donne leads Washington this season in scoring (21.2 ppg) and is fourth on the team in rebounding (5.0 rpg). She had 20 points, seven rebounds and two assists in the win over Chicago on May 26th. Tierra Ruffin-Pratt leads the team in rebounding (7.4 rpg) and ranks second in assists (3.2 apg). She had six points, six rebounds and five assists against the Sky. Taylor Hill is second on Washington in scoring (14.2 ppg) and also added 19 points, five rebounds and three assists in the game.
- The Connecticut Sun were 1-2 in three games played against the Washington Mystics last season.
- Alex Bentley (16 ppg, 3.3 apg), Jasmine Thomas (13.7 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.7 apg) and Alyssa Thomas (11.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 2.3 apg) led Connecticut in the three games against Washington in 2016 season.
- Taylor Hill (18.3 ppg, 3 rpg, 3.7 apg) and Tierra Ruffin-Pratt (10.3 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 2.7 apg) led the way for Washington in the three games against Connecticut last season.
- Jonquel Jones posted just the 17th 20-20 game in WNBA history with career-highs of 23 points and 21 rebounds against Chicago (5/28). It was the second time in five games this season that she has had 20 or more rebounds. Jones is just the third player in WNBA history to have two 20-rebound games in the same season, joining Tina Charles and Sylvia Fowles. She leads the WNBA in rebounding (12.2 rpg).
- The Sun out-rebounded the Sky 50-36, thanks to Jones, Alyssa Thomas (10) and Lynetta Kizer (seven). The 50 rebounds for the Sun is currently a league-best through five games this season.
- Alyssa Thomas had season-highs of 17 points and 10 rebounds at Chicago. It was her fifth career double-double.
- Five players scored in double-figures for the Sun, including four of their five starters.
- Elena Delle Donne ranks third in the WNBA this season in scoring (21.2 ppg). She scored a season-high 27 points against the Los Angeles Sparks (5/19).
- Tierra Ruffin-Pratt is 10th in the league in rebounding (7.4 rpg).
- The Washington Mystics attempted a league-high 28 three-point field goals against Chicago (5/26).
Connecticut Sun Head Coach Curt Miller
On the first win of the season:
“It’s a monkey off our back. We were in the first three games of the year … couldn’t get to the finish line. I’m proud of them. We made a lot of mistakes. It wasn’t Chicago’s night. They missed some shots they’re capable of making. We found a way to win and that’s important in that locker room.”