Connecticut Sun (12-9) vs. Chicago Sky (8-13)
Mohegan Sun Arena
Tuesday, July 25th, 7:00 p.m. ET
Watch Live on ESPN 3
Last Game: The Connecticut Sun fell 96-80 on the road to the New York Liberty on Wednesday, July 19th. The Chicago Sky won 82-80 over the Los Angeles Sparks at Staples Center on Thursday, July 20th.
Players to Watch: Connecticut – Jonquel Jones currently leads the Sun in both scoring (15.8 ppg) and rebounding (11.2 rpg) this season. She had 14 points, 10 rebounds, an assist and a steal at New York. Jasmine Thomas leads Connecticut in assists (4.9 apg) and is second in scoring (14.6 ppg). She had nine points, three assists and a rebound against the Liberty. Alyssa Thomas ranks second on the team in both assists (4.8 apg) and rebounding (6.3 rpg), and is third in scoring (13.6 ppg). She added 10 points, two rebounds, two assists and two steals in the game.
Chicago – Allie Quigley leads Chicago this season in scoring (16.6 ppg) and is third in assists (3.3 apg). She posted 12 points, four rebounds, two assists and a steal in Thursday’s win over Los Angeles. Stefanie Dolson ranks second on the Sky in scoring (13.9 ppg) and rebounding (5.8 rpg). She had 15 points, four rebounds and an assist against the Sparks. Jessica Breland leads the team in rebounding (6.2 rpg), and added eight points, seven rebounds and two assists in the game.
- The Connecticut Sun won 97-79 over the Chicago Sky in their first meeting this season back on May 28th at Allstate Arena.
- Jones (23 points, 21 rebounds), Alyssa Thomas (17 points, 10 rebounds and five assists) and Lynetta Kizer (16 points, seven rebounds) led the Sun in the win over the Sky (5/28).
- Tamera Young (17 points, three rebounds), Quigley (13 points, four rebounds and two assists) and Breland (eight points, 11 rebounds) led the way for Chicago in the loss to Connecticut (5/28).
- Connecticut collected a league-high 50 rebounds against the Sky on May 28th.
- Jones’ 21 rebounds against the Sky was a career-high.
- Kizer’s 16 points against Chicago was a season-high.
- Breland had a season-high six blocks against the Sun.
- Connecticut leads the league in three-point percentage (.413) and is second in both scoring average (86.2 points per game) and turnovers (12.38 turnovers per game).
- Jones leads the WNBA this season in rebounding (11.2 rpg). She picked up her 11th double-double of the season against the Liberty.
- Jasmine Thomas ranks third in the league in three-point percentage (.453) and sixth in assists (4.9 ppg).
- Alyssa Thomas is seventh in the league in assists (4.8 apg).
- Kizer scored her 1000th point against New York Wednesday.
- Quigley ranks fourth in the WNBA in three-point percentage (.443) and 10th in scoring (16.6 ppg). She has scored in double-figures in seven straight games. Quigley also has scored 20 or more points five times this season.
- Courtney Vandersloot leads the league in assists (7.3 apg).
- Cappie Pondexter ranks fifth in the league in assists (5.5 apg).
- Dolson is currently fifth in the league in field goal percentage (.555, 111-200).
Connecticut Sun Head Coach Curt Miller
On the overall game against New York:
“I thought they (New York Liberty) set the tone, they were very aggressive. Their commitment, as they stated all season, was to push it up and down and push tempo. They hurt us in transition. Our percentage of offensive rebounds was really bad tonight. Tina (Charles) was really aggressive, a handful early. Hats off, they were the aggressor, and they really dominated areas of the game.”
Next Game: The Connecticut Sun will be back on the road when they tip-off against the Washington Mystics at Verizon Center on Friday, July 28th at 7:00 p.m. ET. For more details, visit www.connecticutsun.com.