Connecticut Sun (6-5) at Dallas Wings (7-8)
At College Park Center
Sunday, June 25th, 4:30 p.m. ET
Watch Live on CSN
Last Game: The Connecticut Sun won 94-89 over the New York Liberty at Madison Square Garden on June 23rd. The Dallas Wings won 81-69 over the San Antonio Stars at AT&T Center on June 23rd.
Players to Watch: Connecticut – Jonquel Jones leads the Sun this season in both scoring (15.6 ppg) and rebounding (11.6 rpg). She posted 21 points and seven rebounds in Friday’s win over New York. Jasmine Thomas leads the team in assists (4.8 apg) and ranks second in scoring (13.9 ppg). She had 23 points, two rebounds and five assists against the Liberty. Alyssa Thomas is second on the Sun in rebounding (5.6 rpg) and third in scoring (13.1 ppg). She also added 12 points, eight rebounds and eight assists in the game.
Dallas – Skylar Diggins-Smith leads Dallas this season in scoring (17.7 ppg) and assists (5.6 apg). She posted 30 points, three rebounds and five assists in Friday’s win over San Antonio. Glory Johnson leads the team in rebounding (8.7 rpg) and is second in scoring (13.9 ppg). She had nine points, six rebounds and two assists against the Stars. Allisha Gray ranks second on the Wings in rebounding (4.7 rpg) and third in scoring (11.9 ppg). She added 12 points, three rebounds and three assists in the game.
· The Connecticut Sun were 3-0 against the Dallas Wings last season.
· Alex Bentley (13.3 ppg, 3.0 apg), Alyssa Thomas (12.3 ppg, 7.0 rpg), Jasmine Thomas (11.3 ppg, 5.3 apg) and Courtney Williams (11.3 ppg, 5.0 rpg) led the Sun in the three games against the Wings.
· Courtney Paris (11.3 ppg, 9.0 rpg), Karima Christmas-Kelly (11.0 ppg, 4.3 rpg) and Theresa Plaisance (9.3 ppg, 3.3 rpg) led Dallas in the three games against the Sun.
· The Sun won 107-74 over Dallas last season on September 16th. It was the most points Connecticut had scored in a single game since their 108-79 win over Minnesota on August 16th, 2011.
· Connecticut have won five straight games (six of their last seven.
· Jasmine Thomas scored a career-high 23 points in Friday’s win over New York. She ranks sixth in the league in assists (4.8 apg).
· Kayla Pedersen recorded her 500th career rebound.
· Alyssa Thomas reached 200 career assists against New York. Sunday’s game against Dallas will also be her 100th career game.
· Jonquel Jones leads the WNBA this season in rebounding (11.6 rpg).
· Skylar Diggins-Smith scored a season-high 30 points in Friday’s win over San Antonio. She currently ranks eighth in the WNBA in scoring (17.7 ppg) and fourth in assists (5.6 apg).
· Glory Johnson ranks fourth in the league in rebounding (8.7 rpg).
Connecticut Sun Head Coach Curt Miller
On recent record and depth of team
“Six of seven, with the exception of that big lead that we gave up at Washington, [it] could be easily a seven-game win streak. What is common across the board is the amount of people we’re putting in double figures. We’re not playing through one or two people. Again, five people in double figures tonight. A sixth player, [Guard] Alex [Bentley], came back in limited minutes [and] got us nine points. So that’s six kids with nine points or higher. We’re distributing it and they’re playing together. I like it when you have five players on the floor hunting for shots within your offense. I think you’re hard to guard then and we’re getting that now.”
Next Game: The Connecticut Sun return home to host the Los Angeles Sparks at Mohegan Sun Arena on June 27th at 7:00 p.m. ET.